by Frank Williams
2011 is coming — it will be here before we can blink.
As the holidays approach, now is the time to step back, take a look at your business, and determine what, if any, changes or tweaks you need to make as you move into the New Year.
A few questions you should ask yourself are:
- What are our goals for 2011? Are they in writing?
- How will we measure our success?
- Do we have a plan to accomplish our goals? Is that plan in writing?
- Who are our primary target audiences in 2011?
- What message do we want to communicate to those audiences?
- What tools will we use to reach those audiences?
- What public relations opportunities can we anticipate in 2011? How will we capitalize on those opportunities?
- Are we making effective, efficient use of our public relations and marketing resources?
- How effective is our online presence (website, e-mail newsletter, social media)? What changes should we make to improve it?
- How well are we able to see the big picture? Are we so mired in the details of running our business that we fail to see opportunities and possibilities that are right in front of us?
Are you ready for 2011? If not, now is the time to prepare.
Frank Williams is founder and president of Pioneer Strategies, a Brunswick County-based public relations agency. Pioneer Strategies recently launched SmallBizPRTips.com, a membership-based website that offers affordable, personalized marketing and public relations advice to small businesses.