RALEIGH, N.C. – The N.C. Coastal Resources Commission, or CRC, will meet Aug. 29-30 at the Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center in Sunset Beach.
The meeting will begin at 3 p.m. Aug. 29 and 8:30 a.m. Aug. 30. The meeting is open to the public.
The following are some of the items on the CRC’s agenda:
- Sandbag Enforcement/Rule Amendments – The CRC’s Ocean Hazards Subcommittee will hear an update on sandbag enforcement prioritization and discuss previously proposed amendments to the commission’s sandbag rules.
- Sea-Level Rise – N.C. Division of Coastal Management, or DCM, staff will discuss potential future division activities related to sea-level rise.
- Land Use Planning Process – DCM staff will present the recommendations of a land use planning guidelines review subcommittee.
- Estuarine Shoreline Stabilization – DCM staff will discuss departmental efforts regarding estuarine shoreline stabilization.
- CRC Rule Development – The CRC will consider a temporary rule for the replacement of certain oceanfront residential structures, pursuant to section 3 of House Bill 819. The CRC also will consider approving a non-regulatory sea-level rise policy that can be considered at a public hearing.
- Land Use Plan Certifications and Amendments – The CRC will consider land use plan certifications for Southern Shores and Pender County, and land use plan amendments for Swansboro, Jacksonville and Camden County.
- Public Hearing – The CRC will hold a public hearing on a proposal to incorporate updated long-term average annual erosion rates into the state’s oceanfront development rules.
- Public Input and Comment – People may comment on CRC issues at 11 a.m. Aug. 30.
The Coastal Resources Advisory Council, a group that provides the CRC with local government perspectives and technical advice, will meet at 1 p.m. Aug. 29 at the Sea Trail Golf Resort and Convention Center.
A full meeting agenda is posted on the N.C. Division of Coastal Management’s website atwww.nccoastalmanagement.net.